The Holy Father has appointed Rev. Fr. Charlie M. INZON, O.M.I., Apostolic Vicar of the Vicariate of Jolo (Philippines). Inzon, O.M.I., hitherto Provincial Superior of the Oblate Missionaries of Mary Immaculate, (O.M.I.) in the Philippines.
Rev. P. Charlie M. Inzon, O.M.I.
Rev. P. Charlie M. Inzon O.M.I., was born November 24, 1965 in Putiao, in the Diocese of Sorsogon. From 1988 to 1993, he studied Philosophy at Notre Dame University, Cotabato City, and from 1993 to 1994, Theology at Loyola School of Theology of the Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City, obtaining his Master’s degree. From 2002 to 2008, he continued his studies at the same Institute, obtaining a Doctorate in Psychology.
He entered the Congregation of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1982 and made his perpetual profession on September 8, 1990.
He was ordained a priest on April 24, 1993 in Coloocan City.
After priestly ordination, he held the following positions:
- 1993-1995: Chaplain of Notre Dame College, Jolo;
- 1995-1998: In charge of the missionary station of Batu-Batu, Tawi-Tawi;
- 1998-1999: Parish Vicar of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Bangong Barrio, Caloocan City;
- 1999-2000: Parish Vicar of Sto. Niño Parish, Madsayap, Cotabato;
- 2000-2007: Director of O.M.I. College Seminary, Quezon City;
- 2007-2010: Director of Research at Notre Dame College, Jolo;
- 2008-2010: Chaplain of Notre Dame College, Jolo;
- 2009-2010: Dean of the Graduate School of Notre Dame College, Jolo;
- 2010-2014: President of Notre Dame College, Jolo;
- 2014-2018: President of Notre Dame University, Cotabato,
- since 2018: Provincial Superior of O.M.I.