– The foundation of the Congregation on January 25.
– Father Eugene de Mazenod with four other companions began to live a community life in Aix-en-Provence, France.
The first General Chapter on October 24.
The Papal Approbation on February 17: Pope Leo XII officially recognized and approved the Congregation and its Rule.
– Arrival of the Oblates in Canada (the first foreign mission).
– Arrival of the Oblates in the United Kingdom.
– Oblate establishment in the United States in Texas
– Arrival of the Oblates in Sri Lanka (“Ceylon” at that time).
Arrival of the Oblates in South Africa.
Arrival of the Oblates in Ireland.
Death of the Founder in Marseilles, France on May 21.
May 29, 1914
Death of Blessed Joseph Gérard on May 29.
Death of the Oblate martyrs of Spain.
Death of Blessed Jósef Cebula on May 09.
Years of martyrdom of the Oblate martyrs of Laos.
Beatification of the Founder by Pope Paul VI in Rome on October 19.
Beatification of Blessed Joseph Gerard by Pope John Paul II in Maseru, Lesotho on September 15.
Canonization of the Founder by Pope John Paul II in Rome on December 03.
Beatification of Bl. Jósef Cebula Pope John Paul II in Warsaw, Poland on June 13.
Beatification of the Martyrs of Spain by Pope Benedict XIV in Madrid, Spain on December 17.
– Celebration of the 200th anniversary of the foundation of the Congregation on January 25.
– Beatification of the Martyrs of Laos in Vientiane, Laos on December 11.