Oblate missionary formation is a lifelong process. After the initial formation, the Oblates continue to be formed and renewed in their vocation and their fidelity to the Oblate charism. The Oblates always learn “to face new needs and to seek solutions to new questions” (Constitution 68).
Forms of Ongoing Formation
- Community meetings for the sharing of experiences and reflections,
- Monthly and annual retreats,
- Periodic renewal sessions,
- Aix-en-Provence resourcing experiences,
- Sabbatical renewal programs,
- Specialized studies in view of the mission and of the community etc. are all forms of Ongoing Formation